Sunday, June 12, 2011

Well that was unexpected

Well how about that? I actually LOVE my job! (Haven't started the other one yet, so we'll see!) It's an interesting experience to actually like what you do and be happy to go to work. I am so used to dreading the very thought of it, especially since I worked at a restaurant and I can not stand depending on tips to make a living. Here, I make bonuses, which is really nice because no matter what, I will always know what I'm making and then the bonus at the end of the month is just a little surprise! :) I think I'm going to be really great at this job.

I've also met someone...quite amazing. I don't know exactly what to say except it came out of NOWHERE. But there is an extremely intense connection there that neither one of us is willing to let slip through our fingers. But with everything wonderful, there has to be a challenge. Ours happens to be a distance of nearly 2000 miles. Whoops! I guess I'll be gaining some frequent flyer miles! I am absolutely stunned by the amount of things we agree on and have in common. It's quite shocking, really. I mean, I've gotten along with people on a really deep level before, but this is something I have never truly experienced before. I'm really excited (and impatient, ha) to see where it takes us. Guess there's only one way to find out, and that is to jump right in, feet first!

And I know I was interested in someone very recently, but I believe that nothing is more important in any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise, than communication. And that part was lacking, to say the very least. I can't handle that. I don't know how anyone can. I realize that people are busy, and life happens whether you want it to or not, but I don't see how it can really take that much time out of your day to even just send a quick message to say "hey, I'm thinking about you" or "sorry I've been so busy, we'll talk soon". ANYTHING! Going day after day with zero communication is a huge fail. One that will cost any sort of chances with me. Sorry, but that's just how I am. If you can't handle that, what proof do I have that you can handle other important matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment