I just finished my interview. I would love to sit here and just assume that I'm going to get the job, but I honestly don't know. They do a background check, and I have less than appealing credit. I don't know if that will matter to them, but it's still embarrassing. I am trying to stay optimistic about it because I feel like the interview went really well, but it seems like my mistakes are going to haunt me for a while. I suppose I should have seen that coming.
I spent a lot of time last night studying for my placement test. I am confident about the reading and english portions, but I feel incompetent when it comes to the math part. I need a certain score to get into my program too, so I have to do well. I suppose I have all summer to study and take the test, so I shouldn't worry too much about it right now. I need to just focus on getting work.
Not working is giving me far too much time to think. Normally, I love having time to think. However, with all day every day to sit here and ponder, I feel like I am reading into things too much and that is never a good thing. I am going to try to pull myself back a little bit. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize opportunities that I have in front of me, both personal and professional. I guess I just can't help getting excited when I think something is going to go somewhere, but I tend to push people away and set myself up for disappointment when I do. I need to take my own advice and chill out.
I spent a lot of time last night studying for my placement test. I am confident about the reading and english portions, but I feel incompetent when it comes to the math part. I need a certain score to get into my program too, so I have to do well. I suppose I have all summer to study and take the test, so I shouldn't worry too much about it right now. I need to just focus on getting work.
Not working is giving me far too much time to think. Normally, I love having time to think. However, with all day every day to sit here and ponder, I feel like I am reading into things too much and that is never a good thing. I am going to try to pull myself back a little bit. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize opportunities that I have in front of me, both personal and professional. I guess I just can't help getting excited when I think something is going to go somewhere, but I tend to push people away and set myself up for disappointment when I do. I need to take my own advice and chill out.
No comments:
Post a Comment