Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Beginning

I have hit a really wonderful point in my life. I actually care about where I'm headed and what I'm doing with myself. I moved to Colorado a week ago to completely start over. Some may feel as if I'm running away from my problems back in Arizona, and to be honest, when I first decided to come here, that was completely true. I was so overwhelmed with everything, I just wanted to get away from the bad memories and bad decisions I have made. For the past year or so, I was feeling sorry for myself and making excuses for doing nothing of worth with my life so far. I dropped out of college (which was actually a good idea, because that specific school was extremely overpriced), and I sat there and started to get jealous of all the people I went to high school with who were buying houses, graduating college, getting married/having kids, etc. It took me until very recently to realize that the only person I have to blame for my lack of success so far is myself.

 So here I am, with a fresh start and a much better outlook on life. I am still young and I have plenty of time for all of the things I mentioned above. First, I will get my financial health in order, which I have neglected basically since I was 16 or 17. This is going to be the most difficult task, because I simply do not make good monetary choices, but I am determined to correct the mistakes I have made by this time next year. I will also be starting school again, thanks to a wonderful thing called financial aid. I will be doing online classes so I do not have to stop working, and I will probably have little to no life for the next year or two. I know I can be successful though. I just watched my oldest sister graduate from nursing school, and she was working the entire time, while also going to physical classes, labs and clinicals. Needless to say, she has been a huge inspiration for me, and when I get frustrated and want to just quit, she will be the one I call. :)

The rest will come in its own time and its own way. I've learned to stop trying to plan my entire life. Certain things, like friendships, love and fun just happen. It is comforting that I have the support of my family and my best friend here in Colorado while I begin again, but I am leaving the rest up to "fate". Whatever lies ahead, I am ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment