Friday, June 3, 2011

Time Wasters

So I applied at a restaurant this week. While I was applying, the store manager noticed the tattoos on my arm and said that I would not be able to be a server due to the uniform requirements. She told me that hostesses wore long sleeve shirts and that I could interview for that position instead. I would rather be a server, but I need to work, so I agreed. We set up the interview for 3:15 today, and I arrived early, ready for whatever questions they might throw my way. I have a ton of restaurant experience, so I figured this would be easy. Then, a different manager came up and introduced herself. She asked me which position I was there for, and I told her hostess. I asked at one point if I could still be a server if I bought the tattoo cover up makeup to be sure they wouldn't be seen. She said it wasn't allowed, and then walked away for a few minutes to find my application. When she returned, she simply said it was not going to work out with the tattoos, even with a long sleeve shirt. So...basically I wasted all this time going there, introducing myself to the manager, and coming in for an interview, only to be told it wasn't going to work out, before they even asked a single question. That's really great. If tattoos are such an issue for you, then you should have said that from the very beginning so I could move on and put my efforts into an establishment that would actually be interested in hiring me.

 In better news, I found out that one of the stores I interviewed at has been calling my references. In my experience, they only do this when they are preparing to make an offer of employment. So I am going to stop in tomorrow and see what they say. I think I did really well at that interview, and I would absolutely love working there. Please cross those fingers for me, because I am going crazy not working. I feel so useless right now, and until all the furniture is moved in here this weekend, I really don't know how to organize all of my things. So what do I do? I sit here in my room...on the floor, and I surf the internet, looking for jobs and studying for my placement test for school. I can't wait until I am working and doing my online classes. I feel like I'll be much more motivated when I actually have things to do. Right now I feel like I'm at a stand still and it's driving me insane. Someone hire me, please!!

Other than that, I think things are okay. I have been doing my best not to think too much about everything. Yesterday, I had this overwhelming bad feeling all day, and I don't know what caused it. Maybe it was a premonition of what was going to happen at the interview today. Maybe it's something that I haven't even found out yet. I felt somewhat ignored by several people yesterday. Perhaps I'm pushing people away unconsciously. I think my enthusiasm is a little much for people to take sometimes. I can't help but show my happiness when it's there though. I very much wear my emotions on my sleeve, which I guess I should try not to do, but it's the only way I know how to be. I'm tired of changing for people to make them happy. It does nothing but make me miserable. If you can't take me as I am, then you don't deserve all that I have to give. It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment